Friday, April 15, 2011

Our Family and HIV

This week a mother stood before a Judge in Ethiopia.  Her heart was heavy but also thankful.  She asked the Judge to allow her daughter to be adopted by an American family.  You see the mother has been very sick for a long time because of the AIDS virus.  She knows that at any time she may grow more sick and die.   She has watched her daughter grow thinner over the last year.  She does not want the same fate for her child.  So why is she thankful?  She knows that her daughter now has the chance to LIVE with HIV and not die from AIDS. 


In two week I have the honor of standing in front of that same Judge.  To say that I am humbled would be an understatement.  Humbled that God has given me the honor of loving and caring for this beautiful mother's child.  She has made the ultimate sacrifice for her child, to let her go so that she live and thrive.  Our daughter's biological mother will always have a place in my heart.   I get the opportunity to say "YES" to the Judge, to this little girl, to her mother, and to my Father God.  Yes, I want to be the hands and feet of Jesus.  Yes, I want to love the children who others think are unlovable.  Yes, I want to be a mother to this beautiful child. 
For more information about HIV or adopting a child that is HIV+ please see the following websites. . .

PROJECT HOPEFUL

POSITIVELY ADOPTED

CENTERS FOR DISEASE CONTROL AND PREVENTION


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment