Saturday, November 10, 2007

Day 3 - December 9

GOTCHA DAY!!

Around 4:30 p.m. China time we received Faith Fu Xiang Maas. Although we were elated to see her she was not as happy. She cried in the adoption office and did not want us to pick her up. She did play with us and shared her candy. On the bus ride to the hotel she began to warm up to us. She really came out of her shell when daddy started playing with her. She smiled for the first time and started talking although we have no idea what she is saying. She is walking although a bit wabbly. She is very weak and has difficulty bending down to pick things up and holding her bottle. She is healthy! She was exhausted and feel asleep in my arms as I was exchanging money and the front desk. Even with all the noise, she is a heavy sleeper! I am also exhausted so I am off to bed. Tomorrow I will have more time to write. God bless you.

5 comments:

  1. Oh my she's beautiful! I have tears in my eyes watching the slide show. Can't wait to see more pictures and hear more about her!

    ~Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. We could not be more happy for you. Praise God! We are praying for you and for a quick adjustment by Faith!

    jeffandkenna

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad I got to see these pictures of her doing something besides sleeping! She actually looks better than you do! She looks rested, you looked very tired each time we have talked via skype. Can't wait to get my little "ladybug" home so I can spoil her as much as I have the others.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rebecca and Darren,

    Hang in there! Mike is experiencing difficult moments as well. When they got Ryan, he screamed and used every muscle in his body to get away from Mike. I think he even ran away and unlocked some door! Faith is a cutie! I can't wait to greet you all when you return home! Hey, I hope Mike is behaved for you all while in Beijing! Enjoy the journey!! I am praying for everyone!
    Darcy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations. She is adorable. I pray that she brings you years of joy. Have a safe trip home.


    The Umberger Family

    ReplyDelete