Thursday, January 20, 2011

My Bucket List

Last week on Extreme Home Makeover the family had a list of things they wanted to do for others or their children.  I've never seen the move "Bucket List" but I decided to come up with my own list.  So, in no particular order here is my bucket list.   It is a short list so hopefully I can add to it as I think of things.

1. I would like to secretly pay off a family's adoption expenses.  I've always dreamed that someone would do this for us so I am sure other familes have the same dreams. 

2.  Take my kids to Disney World with my parents.  My parents LOVE all things Disney and have dreamed of taking their grandkids.  Of course, I am sure they never thought they would have this many grandkids either.  A couple of years ago we were able to get a great deal so we planned a wonderful week long trip to Disney with my parents.  Four months before our trip my parents were in a serious car accident and we had to cancel our trip.  Due to finances (i.e. adoptions) we have been unable to reschedule our trip.

3.  I would like to take Jacob to see his nanny in Ethiopia.  Jacob was very ill and would have probably died if it had not been for his wonderful nanny nursing him back to health.  I got to see her again last year when I picked up our girls and she asked about Jacob.  She is a wonderful Christian woman and I know she would love to see Jacob happy and healthy.

4.  Take our children on a mission trip.  It has long been a dream of ours to take our family on an annual mission trip.  It is very important for us to teach our children about serving others first. 

5.  I want to find a way to serve others from my home.  Honestly, I have no idea what this looks like.  It is very difficult for me to get out of the house to volunteer somewhere.  While home schooling our children, therapy, and just daily tasks it is almost impossible.  I would really like to find my niche, something I can do out of my home to help serve others. 

6. Impact the lives of as many children as possible.  Yes, I know I cannot save the world and I don't plan to do so.  It is my Heavenly Father's job to do the saving.  I just pray that He allows me to continue loving as many children as possible in His Name!  I can't put a number of children on this because only God knows the number.

No comments:

Post a Comment