Wednesday, January 19, 2011

I have wanted to write a post for a few days but honestly I don't know what to write about.  It has been quiet the last two weeks.  The kids have had colds so we have not been out of our house much over the last two weeks.  I have been out a few times for a doctors appointment or to the grocery.  I am getting cabin fever!!!!

We have still not heard anything about our adoption case.  All of our documents were sent in December so we are in a waiting game.  This is the hardest part for me.  We sent her a package with pictures but she still has not received them.  I did receive a new picture of her from their Christmas celebration.  She still looks very thin.

The kids at home are doing great.  Grace, Miranda, and Ethan are doing well with their school work.  They have had some hard life lessons recently.    They are getting at an age where they want what everyone else has, so we are learning to be content and to not covet what others have.   Contentment only comes from God, not from things.  There will always be the "newest crave" but it will only make you happy for a moment and then you will want the next "big thing".  This is a lesson that I am also have to remind myself. 

I have all of these random thoughts sitting in my head but I don't have time to share them now.  The kids are getting up so my day must start.

1 comment:

  1. Sweet thing does look quite thin. I'll add that to my prayers. (((hug))) She'll be home one of these days and you can fill her up with peanut butter and ice cream. :)

    ReplyDelete