Friday, May 21, 2010

We are NOT going private after all!!

A few days ago I made a post saying our blog would be going private. I had made that decision for a few reasons, which I will keep to myself. I was blown away by the response we received in just 24 hours after making that post. We had over 20 comments and emails of encouragement during that time. THANK YOU!!!!

I have decided that I am not going to allow Satan to use other people to discourage our family from sharing what God has placed on our hearts. So if you have a problem with the way we raise our family then stop reading our blog.

To anyone who is in the adoption profession please do not take out of context a single bad day or assume anything from my VERY HONEST posts. We are not a traditional family and I don't want to be treated as such. Our family is special with special concerns for our children and we should not be compared to other families. God has equipped us to handle each and every challenge we face with raising our family. Each and every decision we make for our family is based on prayer and direction from our Heavenly Father through HIS word The Bible. We are prompted by the Holy Spirit who prompts are hearts to act and obey God's commands versus making decisions based on emotions, culture, influence of others or book knowledge. Our culture tries to set these magic time lines and best practice protocols but does not consider the prompting of the Holy Spirit in their decisions. Who's "best practice" are we following? Society or God. I know this is a foreign concept to most.

One thing that really frustrates me about our society is the thought that everything should be done in moderation. I don't want to follow God in moderation. I want to throw all my cards on the table. I want to go ALL in and not turn back. God does not want my leftover time/money/self but my very best. We are consumed with safety, fear and maintaining control over ourselves. God has all that stuff taken care of so I don't want to waste time worrying about it.

So we are going "ALL IN"!! We are laying it all on the line. Not only are we NOT going "private" but we are going to be MORE "out there". So either buckle your seat belts or get off the ride!!

CHALLENGE TO YOU:
Who is making the decisions for your family? Are you all in?

3 comments:

  1. "I don't want to follow God in moderation." What an inspiring quote! If you feel that being 'more out there' on your blog is what God is calling you to do... then I APPLAUD YOU and support you 100%! :-) Can't wait to read more! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "God does not want my leftover ..." Your are so right. God IS in control. Thanks for the well written post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do it Sister!!! I pray that we are ALL IN for God!!

    The saying "Go big or Go home"...Go God!!!

    Great post!!!

    ReplyDelete