Thursday, May 13, 2010

Parenting a child with significant medical needs can be scary sometimes. We have had several moments over the last two years that make me stop and PRAISE GOD for his protection over Jacob.

This week Jacob has had a stomach virus(I think) and he is still weak from losing weight after his surgery. The combination of the two has again reminded me how fragile his body is. Twice he has been laying on the couch or floor on his side and vomited. But because he is so weak he was unable to clear the vomit from his mouth. I am still thanking God that I was in the room when this happened. If I had not been in the room Jacob would have drown in his own vomit.

Jacob has taught me many things but one is to not live in fear but in joy. If I lived in constant fear for his safety my live would be stressful and miserable. Instead I have chosen to PRAISE GOD for each moment I have with Jacob and THANK GOD for each time he has protected him.

GOD IS GOOD ALL THE TIME

No comments:

Post a Comment