Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Dirty Little Secrets - Part I

are you ready?

shh Pictures, Images and Photos




 
I


AM


 
NOT


PERFECT


I know you are totally SHOCKED, right? 



Here is my dirty little secret.


(my skin)

I have a skin disease called Psoriasis.  It first developed in the 4th grade and covered 90% of my skin.   I had it on the bottom of my feet and it hurt to walk as my feet would crack and bleed.   It was a terrible thing to go through as a 10 year old.  I remember people being afraid of me, being laughed at, and feeling ugly.  I would wear long sleeves and long pants even in the middle of the summer. 

I still deal with constant intense itching and a creepy crawling feeling on my skin.  My scalp is covered so I have terrible dandruff, which is not controlled by typical dandruff shampoo. 

BUT

I am content.  There was a moment.  I don't remember how old I was but I remember the specific feeling I had.  God gave me peace.  I felt an overwhelming unconditional love.  God spoke to my heart.  He said, "you were beautifully and wonderfully created by me.  it is your inner beauty that is most important"

So many people are shunned into hiding because of a fear of what others may think.  I will admit I have been there before.  It is a shame that we can not embrace the uniqueness of God's creations.  As a society we see uniqueness as a negative.  God created us to bring glory to him.  God does not make a mistake.

All of our children are unique creations made by the loving hands of our Heavenly Father.  One of the things we try to teach our children is to not be ashamed of or embarrassed by a physical feature or medical condition they may have. We also teach them that God would want them to treat everyone they meet with respect and love.  

Stayed tuned for Part II . . . .


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment