Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Confession Time

I have to confess that recently I have been a little selfish and lazy.   Paperwork is stacking up, appointments need to be made, and the list goes on.  . . . .

Maybe it is the winter blues?  I don’t know, but I can not get motivated.  I have always been a very active person.  I love an adventure.  I am a go and do person.

I would love to blame it on the winter blues but honestly I think I have just been selfish.  I have found myself hiding my favorite snacks so the kids don’t ask for them.  They are MINE, MINE, MINE!!!  I have been dreaming of vacations that are totally beyond what we NEED because I WANT, WANT, WANT to go.   I have found myself thinking of my own desires above others WHY TO MUCH recently.   As I am sitting hear writing this I feel sinful and gross.  Funny, because my ONE goal this year was to serve others more and here I am.  The human nature is so sinful and focused on earthly desires. 

I know what you are going to say.  But you are such a giving person and I always see you serving your children.  Yes, you will see that but there is more.  It is a heart issue.  Every once in a while that little green monster appears and I get selfish.  I want the world to revolve around what I want.

Alright now that I have confessed it is time to move ahead with the battle.  I will not let “myself” interfere with the plans God has for me.  One of my favorite shirts is my Project Hopeful shirt that says “It’s not about me”.  Maybe I should wear it every day this week to remind myself.  It’s about God and serving Him and serving His people, especially the most vulnerable.   My rewards are in Heaven not on earth!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment