Thursday, August 12, 2010

Today I am struggling with the knowledge that there are children in the world that are hungry. No, this is not new information to me. Since I was a child, I have been fully aware of the millions of children who go hungry every day. As a child I would tell my parents, "I am starving"! They were always quick to remind me what starving really looked like.

So, why is it so heavy on my heart today. Maybe it is because when I watch this video I can see my children. Maybe because I read an email this week about a little girl waiting to be adopted. She said, "I just want to go where I won't be hungry anymore". As a mother, it hurts to know that children are hungry. I am sure my heavenly Father, feels the same grief. He wants to feed his children physically and spiritually. Will you be HIS hands and feet to the hungry children?

Ordinary Hero~ A day in the trash dump in Ethiopia from Kelly Putty on Vimeo.

1 comment:

  1. Rebacca, this really got to me too. I have been grieving since I watched the video and it isn't going away. All I can do is pray that the Holy Spirit will reveal to me my part or what is the cause of such heaviness I feel....

    Love you girl! I am encouraged to know there is great power in our prayers--especially when I see several who are praying/thinking in the same ways!

    ReplyDelete