Thursday, February 25, 2010

Prayer Request

We have come to a point in life where we need to make some BIG decisions. God has given us a heart for orphans and children with special health needs. My heart is aching right now. According to our home study agency we have outgrown our home. They will not be able to approve us to adopt more children until we have a larger home. Honestly, I have to agree with them but what's a girl to do on a fixed budget. My heart is big but my wallet is not.

So here is my prayer request . . .
We need a home with at least 5-6 bedrooms and at least 3 full bathrooms. We have a child in a wheelchair so the house needs to be handicap accessible. Our current home is not handicap accessible so when I first started thinking about handicap accessibility I just thought "no stairs". Then, when I started thinking about our son's future and his ability to participate with the family my viewpoint changed. NOW, handicap accessibility is much, much more. The hallways and doorways need to be wide enough for his wheelchair. The bathroom large enough to get his wheelchair in and turn around. The house needs no carpet so he can use his walker. These are just the basics and absolute necessities. I am sure there are more but I can't think of them right now. There are many other things that would make life easier BUT life is not able being easy so I won't go there. I don't want my own selfish desires to sneak in.
I am not sure how and when God will provide but I have confidence that he is not finished with our family. Thanks for your prayers. I can't wait to see the miracle God provides.

GOD IS GOOD ALL THE TIME



We finally have a picture of all the kids KINDA looking all in the same direction!

2 comments:

  1. Is there room to expand on your current property? How about putting in an application to Extreme Home makeover?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very exciting! I think you are my first "Anonymous" comment. Nice to meet you.

    To update the current home to be handicap accessible and add on the space needed would be quite the undertaking. Financially we would have to weight the benefit of adding on compared to buying/building.

    Yes, extreme home makeover would be fun. We LOVE watching it. The stories are inspirational.

    ReplyDelete