Monday, May 7, 2012

I think I have heard a thousand times, "I just haven't found my niche" when talking about serving others.  Really?  You don't have to look very far to find it.  God created each person with a purpose and plan in mind.  He gifted each of us for that purpose too.  I think sometimes we make things more difficult than they need to be.

What are you good at? 

What do you really love to do?  

What are you good at and really love but are not currently doing?

I spent years jumping from job to job.  I spent my college years jumping from major to major.  Finally, I thought back to my childhood to that time when someone asked, "what do you want to be when you grow up?"  It was simple.  I wanted to be a mommy.  I loved children.  At a very early age everyone around me could tell I had a gift with children.  I received the greatest joy by loving on children. 

It has been almost seven years now since I stopped pursuing what was just a job and started pursuing what God created me to be.  Honestly, I am in my "sweet spot"!  Now, let me be honest and say my days are not always perfect.  Yes, I get frustrated.  Yes, some days I wish I were alone sitting on a beach.  However, I LOVE my "job"!  I LOVE being a mother!  I LOVE caring for children with disabilities!  God has equipped me and continues to equip me for the task.  If you know me in real life it is obvious. 

Have you found your "sweet spot" in life?


"When you pack for a trip, you pick clothes well-suited to your journey. The same holds true for our spiritual gifts — God has "packed us" with everything we need to be shaped for our purpose." Jon Weece


No comments:

Post a Comment