Monday, March 15, 2010

A Typical Night in our Home

Last night I had all the kids asleep by 8:00p.m. It had been a busy weekend and they were exhausted. Then like clockwork Faith woke up crying and coughing around 8:30. This happens almost every night. I grab her out of bed(before she wakes the entire house with her crying) and take her to my bedroom. I have to turn on the lights, stand her in the floor and talk in a loud voice to wake her up good. Her dreams always have something to do with monkeys. Still have not figured that one out. Once she calms down I give her a drink and off to bed again. Sometimes this will happen 1 or 2 more times before midnight, then she will sleep through the night.

If I remember correctly Gabriel was also up two times before midnight last night. We assume he is also having nightmares. We are never able to get him to tell us what is wrong. He is obviously upset and disoriented when he wakes. A few hugs and a drink and he is back in bed.

I think I went to bed around 11:00. Shortly after that Jacob started crying. I held him until he went back to sleep. Back to bed again but not for long. Probably 30-45 minutes later Jacob was up again. We went back and forth doing this about 3 times then I just decided to sleep on the couch. He has a cold and has a really hard time breathing at night so I slept holding him in the recliner the rest of the night.

Surprisingly, Ethan did not get up last night. Ethan, our biological son, is 4 years old and I can count on one hand the number of nights he has slept through the night since he was born.

Jacob was up by 6:00a.m and Faith by 6:30. The fun begins AGAIN!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment