Sunday, December 6, 2009

A little more about Grace . . .


We have been told that Grace is 7 or 8 years old. However, I would guess her to be a few years older. It is hard to be certain her age as most of the villages do not have medical facilities or calendars. Grace was born in a very rural area of Ethiopia. To our knowledge her father is deceased and her mother disappeared a few years ago. She is really tall at 4'6" and very thin. We have been told that since being brought to the city she has learned some English. We are not sure if she has ever been to school. I know that I am biased but I think she is absolutely beautiful!

1 comment:

  1. I am getting Tamirat, age 11, who has very little school. I will be watching what you do about that. I am hoping the school we send T to will be do a good job with him.

    ReplyDelete