Saturday, November 21, 2009

Sweet Jacob


This is my sweet Jacob. He looks like a healthy two year old but Jacob actually has significant needs. Jacob has Quadriplegia Cerebral Palsy. He is nonverbal(has started making some sounds) and has limited control of his arms and legs. He is unable to sit unassisted but has gained pretty good head control.

Jacob is an absolute joy to be around. He is always happy and laughs with his whole body. Jacob is very intelligent for a child with his significant needs. Jacob came home about a year and a half ago and I have never been away from over night.

I will be leaving to pick up our two new daughters in the next 6-8 weeks, I hope. I don't even know how to begin to prepare Jacob for me being gone for a whole week. If anyone out there has any advice or suggestions for preparing a special child for being apart the first time I would appreciate any assistance. Another concern I have is how Jacob will respond when I return home. Anyone have experience in this area?

1 comment:

  1. We will pray for safe travel, health of all that travel, for the girls transitions and for precious Jacob!

    ReplyDelete